After miraculously managing to survive the Mother Of All Mondays today, I stumble through the door after 5pm, anticipating a cold shower and even colder Mojito…it was the kind of Monday that bad Facebook memes are made of & I was seething with frustration.
Nothing would surprise me by this evening. Bring it, Monday. Give me your best shot, b*tch, I dare ya.
Bwahahaha! What do you know..? Monday delivered!
When I did finally manage to grab that Mojito and sit down to catch up on the cyber-activity of the day I discovered that another blogger decided to drop a happy bomb on me by awarding me for one of these –
So thank you, Keri from My Thought Exactly! You really helped flip a bad day into something salvageable and unexpectedly pleasant!
This award is to promote quality blogs & to help promote the work of bloggers who may not have a large following. Part of getting this award is giving it forward and to award it to 3-5 blogs you enjoy that have under 200 followers. I cannot verify the follower count on all of the blogs but they deserve to be recognized either way.
And just because this is my blog & I can make the rules here, I’m adding a 6th blog –
Also, to help readers get to know you – the receiver of the award should copy & answer the questions below.
1. What’s your favorite word in the English language?
Spontaneous; both for the way it sounds as well as the meaning.
2. What are you listening to as you write the answer to this question (if not music, what sounds)?
My favorite 20’s and 30’s mostly-blues playlist on YouTube. Current tune: I Hear The Blues with Memphis Slim, Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson, Lonnie Johnson. Check it out, it’s a jamming tune.
3. What was the last thing you ate that you really, really enjoyed?
Fried pickles in New Orleans. *Sigh*
4. You’re at a job interview, and the interviewer asks you to make them laugh. What do you do or say?
Panic & freeze like ice cubes on a snowman’s ass. Then, spend half the night thinking of all the clever and cool things I COULD have said.
5. The world is about to blow up, but you’re being saved, and are allowed to take five things to another planet (aside from the clothes you are currently wearing), where you and only 999 other people will now exist (ignore the bleakness of this question). What do you take?
My husband. My stuffed duck. A copy of Atlas Shrugged. Seeds. My battle-axe.
6. What’s your favorite drink to consume first thing in the morning?
Black coffee brewed in my old-school, stove-top coffee pot that has been properly seasoned and stained by many happy brews around a campfire. Served up scorching hot, with a dash of grounds in the bottom – in my duck mug, of course. Any diversion from said ritual may cause harm to any and all other beings present…I cannot be held responsible for any pre-coffee actions or internet posts.
7. What was the last book to make you cry?
Hrm…wow, I read a lot of historical biographies and political books which are not exactly tear-jerkers…so this one is tough. I’ll go out on a memory limb and say Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
8. What’s the most ridiculous or silliest way you’ve been injured?
A bloody nose from a fist fight with a boy in the hospital nursery when I was 4…I don’t care what that cry-baby said, it was NOT his turn on the bouncy-springy horse yet!
9. What’s your favorite city in the world? Why?
New Orleans. I dig the energy and artistic creativity that flows from every beautiful moldy old building and cemetery. Oh, and they have the best fried pickles in the world…
10. What’s the most embarrassing album in your music collection? (Be honest)
Billy Ray Cyrus. ‘Nuff said.
11. To borrow an old line from a Crowded House song, would you rather a mansion in the slums or a caravan in the hills (i.e. a nice house in a not nice area, or a tiny living space but with views)?
Ohmygoodness, a tiny space, hands down! I never want to be slave to a mansion in ANY neighborhood and besides, I’ve got better things to do than clean and maintain and bunch of useless space filled with even more useless junk and clutter!
And one more round, if you so choose…
1. How long have you blogged?
On and off for oh…5 or 6 years now.
2. What is your talent you are most proud of?
The ability to see objects not for what they are but for what they can or should be.
3. You wake up in a shaggy hotel in a city of your choice with your best friend and a complete stranger of the opposite sex. There’s a kitchen-battle-axe on the floor with blood on it and and owl in the bathroom. What has happened?
My best friend brought home an Owl Whisperer from the St. Louis Cemetery in New Orleans one summer night. The owl battled with the 3 Blind Mice and cut of their heads with a carving…battle-axe! And I, well behaved puritan that I am, I was obviously passed out after a night of fried pickles, ice-cold hurricanes and new tattoos…
4. What’s your favorite day of the week?
5. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
A Raven…so I could soar through the tree tops with my mate and play pranks on the Wolves.
6. What are you doing for your living?
Building a new small business with my husband, Steve. Some days we tile showers…others we repair cabinets or build furniture or even house painting. (my least favorite). We occasionally build wood caskets & even built my father’s coffin which is doubling as a bookshelf in his living room until such time as he needs to uh…occupy it. Life is never dull and work is nothing if not challenging!
7. Where would you take me in your hometown, if I would visit you?
Probably to La Posta for some agave margaritas and green enchiladas followed by a stroll through the plaza of Old Mesilla.
8. What is your favorite sound?
Steve’s voice beside a mountain stream.
9. Do you have a celebrity crush? Who is it?
10. What is the first web-site you go to when you open your browser?
11. What languages do you speak?
English, a bit of rusty Hebrew and master level Pig Latin ;-)