What a wonderful and rewarding week it has been for me here. I have the double-honor of receiving the Shine On Award from not one, but two of my new favorite bloggers…I’ll be walking on air from now ‘til Spring!
Please take the time to check out both of these blogs and treat yourself to some of the wonderful inspiration offered by The Other Side of Ugly and then hop over for some super-wit and humor by visiting The Ranting Papzilla.
Thanks so much to both of you!
As always there are rules to these awards. Here are the ones for the Shine On Award.
1.) Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2.) Add the award logo to your blog.
3.) Share 7 things about yourself.
4.) Pass the award on to 5-10 other bloggers you admire.
7 things, eh? Okay, I’ll give it a whirl…
1. I knew from the time I was 5 years old that I would get tattooed when I grew up.
2. My ‘realworld’ nickname is “Ducki”…my given name is Rebecca, so you can just ponder how Ducki came to be!
3. I spent the better part of 5 years working as a prison reform advocate; a journey that started with The Black Panthers and ended with me tangled up and horrified in the middle of Neo-Nazi movement. If life is a lesson to be learned, that trip taught me enough to carry me 10 lifetimes.
4. I’m terrified of camping in flatlands places like plains or open desert. If I have to run from…*IT*….there will be no place to hide!
5. Dia de los Muertas is my favorite holiday of the year.
6. My husband & I built my father’s casket by hand without using any screws or metals. Seeing as how Dad is still alive, the coffin is doubling as a set of bookshelves in his den until needed.
7. I once had a cat that I named, “Mouse”…which was cute until I had to step outside and yell, “Here kitty-kitty, Mouse…here kitty Mousey…” DoH!
Now to pass the award along to 5-10 other bloggers that I admire…this is the easy part! (I could just copy and paste my whole blog roll because they are all to be admired but I won’t cheat like that!)
So please, go enjoy these wonderful blogs! And thanks again to EVERYONE here on WordPress for making this blog so much fun to run and for all of the incredible posts that have become my daily source of information, inspiration and pleasure!