Here we have another fine example of our government trying to dictate minute aspects of our lives – the raw milk battle has now moved into Missouri as officials there interfere in the rights of consumers and business owners alike. None of the bullshit regulations have anything to do with genuine concern for our health and everything to do with finding ways to tax small businesses into oblivion while protecting the interests of the corporate dairies. Best of luck to the Vimont family as they stand and fight for their rights…
“I believe God gave the right to produce food as a farmer for my neighbors, if they want it,” said Vimont.
Although he thinks it’s his God-given right, it’s against the county’s ordinance.
“If you’re a Grade A raw milk retailer you can sell in Christian County–if you get a food permit. If you’re not a Grade A raw retail milk producer, then you can either sell it directly off your farm or you can deliver it directly to your client’s domicile,” explained Bryan Haugen, the assistant administrator for the Christian County Health Department.
“They understand that it’s logistically impossible for me to drive to 20 or 30 different customers. So they’re trying to put me out of business, but they’re trying do it in a way that looks good,” said Vimont.
The health department said if he wants to distribute it anywhere else, such as a farmers market or from the back of a trailer, he needs a state Grade A permit and a county food permit.
“I could, but I won’t be under the thumb of tyranny…why do I have to have a permit that God gave me the right to do,” said Vimont.
The requirements, Vimont believes, are simply a way to collect taxes and rid raw milk producers.
Read the full story here on KY 3
- Udder nonsense: Raw-milk confiscations begin (wnd.com)
- LA County food police attempt to confiscate raw milk from homes (thebovine.wordpress.com)
- Oregon Dairy Farmers Association prepares to fight for raw milk crackdown (oregonlive.com)
- The FDA’s powers are increasing and farmers should be worried (EndtheLie.com)
- E Coli in Missouri Raw Milk (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
- Raw Milk Consumption Leads to E. Coli in Missouri (fox4kc.com)
- Raw milk rally in Minnesota yesterday (thebovine.wordpress.com)