“Democratic change has been demanded across the Middle East. But was what seems like a spontaneous revolution actually a strategically planned event, fabricated by ‘revolution consultants’ long in advance?“
Excerpts From SourceWatch About Optor
Otpor type of activities entail organizing a militant section of society to instill cynicism in the government, drown out the government’s message, and convey the impression that there is broad based support for the opposition. Its activities amount to disrupting the government’s message and tarnish its image. NB: the same formula has been re-used in Ukraine, Georgia, Albania and Belarus. Otpor’s principal activities were:
- graffiti encouraging cynism against those in power.
- massed concentrations with flags for the benefit of camera crews
- Organizing student groups
- Shouting down government speakers at public events
- Hostile questioning of government officials and demanding resignation; booing… and in general disruptive and intimidating actions
Occupy Wall Street Gets Graphic
Graffiti artists worldwide have been occupying walls and shop windows with slogans promoting the movement.
In Boston over the weekend a wave of grafitti hit nearly two dozen downtown buildings, mostly banks. “End the Fed.” “Tax the Rich.” “Burn the Money.” A Bank of America branch got a big blue anarchist circle-A on the sign above its doorway. (MotherJones)
Occupy Atlanta Mob Refuses to Allow Civil Rights Hero John Lewis to Speak